Job OverviewADOBE - LEGAL COUNSEL 14 months Maternity Cover
Apply via BSN's Jobs Board by 12 December 2020 - Click 'Apply Now' and sign into your Jobs Board account
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive, encouraging, dynamic, and above all, friendly, legal department in a company which values work/life balance, diversity and inclusion and where a competitive salary and attractive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate. We have an exciting new contractor role (hired via Pro Unlimited) for an experienced (6 + years PQE) commercial/IT/IP lawyer to work for the Northern Region (UK, Ireland and Scandinavian countries) on a broad range of business matters requiring legal support. This position is to cover a maternity leave and is for a minimum of 14 months The successful candidate’s primary objective will be to act as advisor to, and interface and collaborate with, all levels of the sales community, as well as providing support to other functions within the organization (including the marketing and finance groups) and working with other members of the legal team. As Adobe is growing fast there is also ample opportunity to help shape some of the new systems (CLM, knowledge sharing, automation) and working processes with other teams to help the legal team scale for the future. As you can see lots of variety and opportunities for growth at Adobe. The position is currently remote due to Covid-19 guIdelines but our UK offices are located in Maidenhead and London.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of license, professional services and other commercial agreements and documents, including consulting agreements as well as statements of work, resale, distribution, sales and licensing agreements.
- Providing general commercial legal support to the various business units, including preparing and delivering training in-house, when appropriate, on key legal areas of interest.
- Cooperating and working closely with other legal team members across EMEA and Latin America.
- Monitoring and advising on regulations and legislation that will impact our business.
- Participation in knowledge management and process improvement activities within EMEA, as well as the ability to run and lead departmental projects.
- Providing legal support to working groups as projects and new work practices are being developed within the business.
- Carrying out internal training and providing ongoing support to the business on key risks.
- This role is for an experienced lawyer with proven academic background who has trained and qualified with a reputable law firm or in-house department of a comparable company (6+ years PQE).
- Experienced in Commercial/IT/IP as well as data protection issues, good business sense essential.
- Proficient English. Ability to speak another EU language being a distinct advantage.
- The candidate must be a great teammate, able to self-start with limited guidance and work independently as well as having a positive, problem solving, and business focused attitude with confidence to prioritize workload appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication, drafting and technical skills are essential, as is experience of the software/IT industry.
- Ability to multi-task, as well as identify and manage risks.
- International mindset and approach.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt quickly.
- Good sense of humour.
Related Jobs (1)
ADOBE – ASSOCIATE LEGAL COUNSEL (x2) 14 months Maternity Cover on October 14, 2020 Full Time