Black Solicitors Network - Operations and Communications Co-ordinator (Part-time)
- Post Date:June 17, 2021
- Views 1181
Apply by 9 July 2021
- Role: Operations and Communications Co-ordinator
- Reporting to: BSN Chair and Operations Manager
- Place of work: Off site as required & agreed
The successful candidate will be engaged as a contractor on a part-time basis on the following headline terms (subject to contract):
- 10-16 hours per week (flexible).
- £366.25 – £586 (plus overtime, if applicable) per calendar month (depending on hours of work completed).
- Start date to be agreed between BSN and the successful candidate.
Overview of the role
This is a role to support and facilitate Black Solicitors Network (BSN) membership and stakeholder engagement and manage media platforms (including emails, social media, websites etc).
BSN’s websites: www.blacksolicitorsnetwork.co.uk; www.diversitylegalawards.org; jobs.blacksolicitorsnetwork.org, www.creatingpathways.co.uk, https://bsngrassroots.co.uk/, https://www.bsnconnect.co.uk/
- Communications support: creating, editing and uploading content (text, video and photos) to and across the UK Diversity Legal Awards (UKDLA) and BSN social media platforms and, as required, BSN-affiliated websites
- Co-ordinate all social media channels
- Press activity
- Facilitation of BSN/UKDLA/BSN Grassroots/Creating Pathways/Regional group events and workshops
- Administration and general office support
Communications: edit and upload content onto the websites and across UKDLA/BSN communications platforms: text (including journal articles, assessment reports, profiles, news items/newsletters, events material), videos and photos (from events).
Co-ordinate social media channels: and liaise with the Chair, Operations Manager, Committee leads and Directors to ensure that communications are streamlined.
Press activity: assist the Chair/Operations Manager/Committee leads in identifying news-worthy items, drafting and sending press releases
Facilitation of events:
- In advance of events: provide support to organisers, upload information onto the relevant websites, advertise, manage delegate/event attendee lists and logistics.
- Co-ordinating/managing Ticket Tailor/Eventbrite, invoices and other payments to BSN in relation to events, sponsorship and advertising.
- After: upload event reports and/or presentations and add delegates’ contact details to the database. Press releases, event survey and post-event communications.
- Administrative support; website and other media maintenance and development, typing letters/emails, processing and mailing out literature, reviewing programme application forms and attendee data.
- Dealing with enquiries and following up messages/correspondence, including managing and handling enquiries to and from UKDLA and other BSN e-mailboxes and related communication channels.
- Managing and updating the attendee/delegate/member database
- Preparing reports for the Committee leads, Operations Manager or BSN Board as required on communications, social media, database and website activity.
This role would be ideal for a freelance professional, undergraduate or post-graduate student or a professional seeking part-time work.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to work remotely (with some site/venue/events-based working, where required). Prior experience in marketing/communications, events and/or project management would be desirable (though not essential).
Candidates who are interested in applying for the role will need to, by no later than 9 July 2021, send a covering email to email@example.com attaching their CV and including a brief summary of why they are interested in the role/why they should be considered for it.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply by 9 July 2021