Google - Associate Legal Counsel, Commercial
- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Apply Before: May 16, 2021
- Views 92
Apply here by 16 May 2021
As Associate Legal Counsel at Google, you will work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You will be part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and agreements you take on will challenge you to think big and differently. You will be collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you’ll proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As Associate Legal Counsel for Google’s Ad business you will draft a variety of commercial agreements relating to Google’s Ads products, such as Google Ads, Measurement and Attribution and many other areas such as Travel. In addition, you’ll advise our clients on various legal risks and issues and assist with the continuous development of the team and its processes. You will work closely with our sales, product and other business clients and also Legal colleagues in Google offices throughout EMEA and in the US. You’ll be highly organized, calm, and will pay close attention to detail. In addition you’ll have a deep knowledge of Google’s business and have the ability to think quickly and practically.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements with customers and partners throughout EMEA and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Develop expertise in the relevant Google products and build strong relationships with business clients in our various EMEA offices and in the US.
- Advise senior management, business clients and other legal teams on various aspects of English law.
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
- Ensure compliance with English law and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualified solicitor.
- Experience in private practice and/or in an in-house team in the UK.
- Experience in reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial agreements, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Broad experience of contract, commercial, intellectual property and IT law, and some experience of advising on data protection issues.
- A commitment to professionalism and working with others.
Apply here by 16 May 2021