ADOBE – ASSOCIATE LEGAL COUNSEL (x2) 14 months Maternity Cover
Apply by 12 December 2020 – to begin the application process, e-mail email@example.com to confirm your interest
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive, encouraging, dynamic, and above all, friendly, legal department in a company which values work/life balance, diversity and inclusion and where a competitive salary and attractive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidates.
We have two contractor roles (hired via Pro Unlimited) for 2 qualified 2-4 years (PQE) commercial/IT/IP lawyers to work within a vibrant team covering Adobe’s Northern Region (UK, Ireland and Scandinavian countries) on a broad range of business matters requiring legal support. The positions are to cover maternity leave and will be for a minimum of 14 months. The successful candidates will act as advisor to, and interface and collaborate with, all levels of the sales community, as well as providing support to other functions within the organization (including the marketing and finance groups) and working with other members of the legal team. These positions are currently remote due to Covid-19 guidelines but our UK offices are located in Maidenhead and London.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of license, professional services and other commercial agreements and documents, including consulting agreements as well as statements of work, resale, distribution, sales and licensing agreements.
- Providing general commercial legal support to the various business units, including preparing and delivering training in-house, when appropriate, on key legal areas of interest.
- Cooperating and working closely with other legal team members across EMEA and Latin America.
- The Associate Legal Counsel role is for a qualified lawyer with proven academic background who has trained and qualified with a reputable law firm or in-house department of a comparable company (2 – 4 years PQE).
- Exposure to Commercial/IT/IP as well as data protection issues useful, good business sense essential.
- Proficient English. Ability to speak another EU language always a bonus.
- The candidate must be a great teammate, able to self-start with limited guidance and work independently as well as having a positive, problem solving, and business focused attitude with confidence to prioritize workload appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication and technical skills are essential, as is a keen interest in or some experience of the software/IT industry.
- International mindset and approach.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt quickly.
- Good sense of humour.