Niantic – Associate Legal Counsel, Product – EMEA
- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Apply Before: June 5, 2021
- Views 37
Apply here by 5 June 2021
Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company to develop solutions for the legal, compliance and public policy challenges (and opportunities) the company encounters as it continues to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. We are looking for an Associate Legal Counsel, Product who will join the legal team to help support the development and launch of cutting-edge AR technology and location-based mobile games that connect players with their local communities and each other. Working from our London office, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across our international offices to develop creative solutions in product compliance and privacy. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Educate teams about regulatory issues, with a focus on consumer laws, online services regulation, and privacy.
- Think creatively about the novel legal and policy issues arising from real-world location-based and augmented reality products.
- Work with legal and cross functional partners (product, engineering, operations, community, communications, etc) to support global product development, launch and operations.
- You have a law degree (or equivalent) from an outstanding university.
- You have the ability to practice in the United Kingdom.
- You have experience working on a wide range of compliance topics, such as consumer protection, trust & safety, privacy, location-based services, and/or copyright.
- You have good business judgement, and the ability to analyse the costs/benefits of proposed resolutions to legal problems.
- You have experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience with U.S. or international product compliance issues and family/child consumer tech are both a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Apply here by 5 June 2021