Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
LEIGH DAY - TRAINING CONTRACT 2021-2023
We are a top 100 law firm committed to claimant-only cases, ensuring that individuals have the same access to justice as the UK Government and large corporations. We’re not afraid to take on difficult and challenging cases involving medical negligence, serious personal injuries, discrimination in the workplace, defective products and human rights abuses in this country and overseas. We offer a market-leading service to our clients who include individuals from around the world, charities and global NGOs. Our trainees are a top priority for the future of our firm. We are very proud that our current retention rate of trainees on qualification is 90% and that many of our Partners and heads of departments have trained with us.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate:
- Excellent fit with our ethos - a genuine passion for claimant law and providing access to justice for all.
- High standards of academic achievement, at least a 2:1 degree classification and typically 128 UCAS tariff points or better.
- Ability to solve problems, demonstrating good judgement and critical reasoning.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with clients and experts.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, with the enthusiasm to work in a busy team environment.
- Confidence, persistence and resilience to consistently deliver the highest quality of work under pressure and in the face of change.
- Sincerity, positivity and flexibility to ensure our clients receive first rate service, at all times.
You must submit your application via our online application system by 12 March 2020. You will be able to access the link from our training contract web page, where you will also find more details about our training contract opportunities, our scholarship scheme and all of the information you need to complete an application. Visit: www.leighday.co.uk/Careers/Training-Contracts Please note we do not accept applications made in any other format.
Diversity & Inclusion at Leigh Day
We are committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion. We value the diversity of our colleagues, our clients and the third parties with whom we work. We seek to create an environment where everyone feels included and valued for their unique characteristics, skills and abilities and supported in their needs and responsibilities.
Salary£30,000 - £50,000